Sandlapper Poultry Show 12/3 Barnwell, SC

I wonder if there will be any silkies there for sale or any eggs???? Very curious!!!!

Can't wait to see the show this weekend!

Quote:
hu.gif

no telling! I won't have any, though.

Hi Josiemare! If you are still looking for Silkies, email Allison ([email protected]).
She's in Aiken Co, just up I-20 from here. I know she's been hatching chicks from some beautiful Silkies lately. She was coming to the Barnwell show with chicks, but something came up and she won't be able to make it Sat.

Awesome Kimberly! Who are you entering?
smile.png

Lisa

I am not entering anything. I just wanted to check out the bird scene since it is just down the road from me. I am in Windsor and have weekend off...Should be exciting to see so many different birds. Maybe next year! I have never exhibited before and have no idea of what to do! Hahaha....We shall see what the future holds.

I have plenty of hatchings eggs arriving any day now. I will contact that person and see what we can arrange, ages/price.

I have 5 in the brooder now and 3 more pipping/hatching. These are out of my EEs/eexbb roo. Should be interesting to see how this generation does. Have some very pretty birds already from this combo, just need more pullets!

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks for the information.

What are you taking?

Oh what fun it was to meet everyone today. Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. I am very excited about my new silkie eggs and my current chickies! Hope we can see each other again! That was fun!

Well, now I can say I've been to a chicken show.
My goodness, I didn't know there were so many Old English Game bantams around --- I wonder how many there were there today?
Never did get to make it into the back row in the LF barn. When we left they still hadn't finished judging.
Great to meet y'all and hope I get a chance to see you all again soon!
smile.png

The back row was the Junior section...that is the young people that show
smile.png

Each show I have been too has been different. The one in Clemson a couple of weeks ago had several hundred OEGs, (ETA: 500-700 I think) but I have heard you see more breeds at some of the bigger shows, like the one in Indiana this year. I think just most of the people in the south show OEGs more so than some of the other states.

frow.gif
Nice meeting everyone! I am not good with names, until I see people a second or third time!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom