Sandy's first Crow! Come listen!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chilisweet, Aug 17, 2008.

1. chilisweet

chilisweet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    Well our girl Sandy is officially a Sam. [​IMG]

Anyways, here is a video of his first few crows: Click on the picture to be taken to the photobucket site for viewing.

[​IMG]

I'm still thinking she/he is a girl, and having gender issues, but dh is telling me otherwise!

~Caran

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  2. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

ohhhhhhh.... im sorry, but i agree with your DH, its got the clasic looks and sound [​IMG] im soo sorry i remember when i knew i had a roo, but it haddent crowed for months, and i was dreading the day it would come, and it finaly happend, so now he lives at my friends farm [​IMG] I MISS HIM [​IMG] i was totaly in diniale

3. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Sorry Sandy umm Sam looks like a roo to me. Cute bird though, is he/she/ it a Buff Brahma?

4. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, I feel for you! [​IMG] Our sweet white EE Senorita started crowing 2 weeks ago, he/she is officially a Senor now. Every morning around 7am he starts crowing!

Hugs, Sonja

5. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    YES , thats a ROOSTER alrighty .

He is so cute .

I have 1 huge RIR ROOSTER >>> his name is BIG RED and when he crows my lil cochrin bantam crows also . SO cute to compare their crows .

6. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    o that is totally priceless... [​IMG] I am really sorry that s/he is looking to be a boy...but I never knew a roo wrenched his neck to crow..call me a city gal but this is my first time with chickens...he is a beautiful bird anyway ...

7. chilisweet

chilisweet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    Yes. He is a Buff Brahma.

8. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Love the video! [​IMG] Sorry that Sandy is a Sam though.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by