Sanford, NC family fined $1300 day for chickens!Update She Found US!!!

Hey there. I just found your forum. I am the lady from Sanford. Thanks for posting the WRAL news broadcast. One council member told me "You can take it to the bank Mrs. Reid, you will not get enough votes." My response is that he can take it to the bank, I have nothing to loose. So I contacted the press. Hopefully it will put a little pressure on the City. Everyday in our Newspaper (Sanford Herald) there has been at least one letter to the editor in support of city chickens. Also we had a front page feature.

The city council meeting has been a little miss-reported, the next meeting is on July 15th from 7-9 pm. I want to have at least 50 people there. At the end of each council meeting citizens are allowed 3 minutes to speak. I want council to have to sit in there seats for another hour + and listen to us. The city attorney told me I had to write the new code I want approved. That is B.S. because the city attorney works for the citizens. So at that meeting I will propose an outline of regulations and request that the Mayor assign the City Attorney to work with me. I will have picket signs in the shape of eggs and hopefully more media.

Any way you can help I would appreciate it! Thanks for talking about this. Alex

Quote:
Is there anyway you could (house) her chickens so she doesn't have to pay $1300.00? Just until she wins her case
fl.gif

I would HATE it if someone told me I had to get rid of my other family!!!!
Just a thought. I wish them luck!

Quote:
Is there anyway you could (house) her chickens so she doesn't have to pay $1300.00? Just until she wins her case
fl.gif

I would HATE it if someone told me I had to get rid of my other family!!!!
Just a thought. I wish them luck!

In the News Article it states that she has a farm that is taking them in the event they make her get rid of them. I really hope she wins this and is allowed to keep her girls.

Last edited:
* They're talking council member votes, right? Do you know if any of the members or their familys have chickens of their own that they don't talk about?? Did the city get a complaint or something that started all this?? ALSO, is the city em-addr listed in the thread the right one?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom