Sanford, NC family fined $1300 day for chickens!Update She Found US!!!

suebee

Speaks Silkie Fluently
16 Years
Apr 1, 2007
N. Carolina
This story was on WRAL news about a nice lady and her children living in a rather rural part of NC. They only have hens and the neighbors love the chickens, but local ordinance says the chickens have to go. I feel so sorry for the little girl, who has won many ribbons at the state fair. Starting July 2nd they will be fined $100 for each chicken they have, and they have 12 or 13 beautiful hens.
Watch the video if you can. I'm so upset for them.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3119125/

Last edited:
Yeah ain't that a shame. She lives down the road from me. Thank God I'm in the county. They are going to make her get rid of her girls. The city of Sanford will start fining her July 2nd. She goes before the board 1 more time to plead her case July 1st.

Gee what is the address or better yet e-mail address of the board.

I can think of a couple thousand people who would take the time to stand up in her behalf and plead her case. :0)

I wonder what we could send and where we could send it to, in order to help them out. I'm sure if they were able to rally enough help, there could be a change.

nccountrygirl, you think maybe you could find out somewhere we could send some letters to?

What should these letters say?

-Kim

I really don't know where to send a letter to unless it's to the town board. I know she had a petition going awhile back. What makes this so bad is her neighbors like her girls and the fresh eggs but Sanford wants to be a Big Butt in all of this.

* I would imagine the Sanford City Hall may have a web site with the city council members listed by name, if someone knows how to post a link to it. I don't know for sure though. Might even have an em for members individually.

Last edited:
Find out who the goverment officials are that are doing this? Next election the little girl may have a swinging ax, I would say its too late since these corrupt officials have done made their minds up. Also keep us posted on this, please.
barnie.gif
Someone needs to get the local tv station on this big and heavy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom