Sanford, NC family fined $1300 day for chickens!Update She Found US!!!

I've cast my vote. Good luck.
big_smile.png

Friends seems like we lose a bit of freedom each day, the county im in has new zoning reg going into effect 1 july which is now
ep.gif
I awoke abt an hour ago with cramps that comes with old age
barnie.gif
been reading this thread now i really have the cramps
tongue.png
i voted

me to and i voted yes also!!

been there done that with my chookies, if u use they r for meat and egg production to feed ur family like i did u may not be made to get rid of them. the counsils will not listen to they r pets or for show, u need a practical reason for keeping them and food for ur family should entitle u to keep them depending on ur codes wording and enough layers to feed ur family in a day. mine had to abide by a code already in place they told me didn't egzizt. but it did i got my poultry permit granted the lawyer told them if they refused it i could sue them cuz i had every right to feed my family. they did put very strict regulations on me so they may u if they grant u to keep them.

don't give up, there is hope i fought for my 5 kid's to keep their babies and u can do it too!!

I just voted yes also!

Where are the 4-H people in your neck of the woods, shouldn't they be supporting you as well!! They are the ones who go to schools and inspire our youth to take up caring for livestock and should back you in this! Where would you keep chickens if your children were in 4-H, the next town over???

When I was younger I was in 4-H and Junior Farmers of SC and I raised a pig in the middle of town!!!

Go get those stuffy white collar snobs!!!!
rant.gif
I bet some of them were in cub scouts or girl scouts when they were younger and have forgotten what they learned!!

It is a sad time in which we live now. It use to be people ran for office to support the everyday person, now they make politics a career just to make a name for themselves and care little about what the public wants who put them there!!
somad.gif

smack.gif

Don't forget FFA people.(I voted yes also)
you should also contact all your local radio stations
W204AV 88.7 - Christian
WDCC 90.5 - variety (owned by Central Carolina Community College)
WLHC 103.1 - pop standards
WFJA 105.5 - oldies
WDSG 107.9 - beach/oldies/gospel
WWGP 1050 - country
WXKL 1290 - gospel

Last edited:
I just continue to be amazed. I woke up this morning and this forum had 11 pages and over 180 votes on the poll. You rock!

Today there was another positive letter to the editor and an article from the editor. He said that the paper didnt completely support our idea....but does support the debate and that I seem to have valid issues that should be discussed. This is typical of our paper, they dont want to ruffle any feathers. But I do appreciate them keeping this subject alive.

We have contacted the local 4-H clubs. FFA is harder because school is out and they are connected to our schools.

I have joined a few other farming forums to get the word out too.

I am in the process of contacting the radio station. And I am contacting shows like Rachel Ray (health and economic benefits, all the way we use our eggs); Paging Dr. Gupta on CNN (health benefits).

Thanks guys.
Alex Reid

Back
Top Bottom