Sanford, NC family fined $1300 day for chickens!Update She Found US!!!

c"mon byc,s alex needs more votes & comments!! we can do it!! lets try to keep the votes & comments going!!

www.wral.com/news/local/story/3135690/
fl.gif

2 votes short now. Pisses me off that they took off most of the comments...including mine.
I forwarded quadcam's excellent post to the city council website. Got a reply back saying they'll include it in the meeting. Great job Quadcam...and Everyone here who contributed.

Here's my comment:
I happen to have chickens and I live in a suburb of Boston... I have neighbours that let their dog loose, and another one that has a dog that barks all day. My girls are very quiet. There is a leash law and I have to keep my birds in their yard, which is easy because it's fenced. For health issues, I am a severe asthmatic. I have been healthier in the 5 years I've had my birds: with only one bout of pneumonia as compared to 5+ before. I think that the family should be allowed to keep their birds. They're pets and won't be food. They're not hurting anyone. Some of the folks are making outlandish statements about elephants...it's not the same thing... Having a chicken is not much different than having a parrot or a budgie.

The Dog Officer who inspects my home is amazed that I have birds because there's no smell, no bugs, no rodents...if those are the things you're worried about, move to the big city...you'll have plenty of all of those things along with noise.

Hey Chicken supporters. I am back in town (Wed. pm). Que Pasa Hispanic Newspaper has called me several times and I plan on meeting with them in the next day or two. I have not ye read all of your messages but will soon. The poll is gone from Sanfordherald.com and the write up's in the paper have decreased. We seem to have fizzled out over the 4th weekend and my absence. I have less than a week to get everything organized for the city council meeting.

Some of you have left me your phone numbers so I can contact you for various things. Thank you very much. However I am having a hard time keeping up with you guys because I am having to keep up with so much other stuff. That being said.....I want to talk to any and all of you who are willing to spend your time with me. Please call me......919-721-0782.

Thanks. Alex

Did anyone else see this?

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3179787/

Cary NC is considering allowing chickens. If CARY is considering it, it must be a good sign! (Cary is notorious for being very very strict about their appearance, the Red Roof Inn has a brown roof, all houses are beige, I once saw a handmade lost dog sign with a bright orange sticker across it saying it was against code! etc, etc). Possibly this could be helpful....I hope!

Back
Top Bottom