Sanitize Craigslist Coop

I hope you use wood when you grill, and not charcoal.  I've heard the accelarants in the charcoal would not be good for your animals.
What's charcoal? I only use hardwood like oak and pecan!! Straight from the yard!! And never anything like starter fluid I start mine with a piece of paper and twigs in an open bottom can if I do use charcoals it's only cowboy charcoal

Last edited:
Good advice, I'll bury a bin in their coop and hopefully fill it with ash from a good samaratin and sand and peat. Should I add DE or anything to that bath?
I would add someDE but nothing else the birds love a dust bath I'm lucky some will make a dust bath hole in the sand then run over to the ash and bath again so it works great for me no mites!!

No one is responding to my ash ad on Craigslist, they probably think I'm a nut job. Ha!

You have just started a brand new unexpected market lol...they will catch up, haha!

Just a thought...in my small community, people are encouraged to place woodstove ash in a separate area/dumpster bin...kind of a recycling thing apparently...you might ask local waste management/government if they have any...

The ash gods must have been listening because a local emailed saying he hears with wood ash and will give me some. Hopefully I can get enough to last me a while. Victory!

No one is responding to my ash ad on Craigslist, they probably think I'm a nut job. Ha!

Hello you own chickens (or will soon)
Aren't all chicken owners nut jobs!?!?

Just picking atcha.

Do you have a bbq pit?
You could look for some free wood instead and burn it yourself?

Back
Top Bottom