Sarah giving up?

Oh, forgot, no syringe. I threw away the last one I had, once I did the final worming on the other chickens. Wasn't able to get anything but the Corid last town trip. TSC was out of just about everything. I got the last bag of Corid.

Also, since she has been in recuperation for so long, she wasn't eating a lot at once, but lots of little bits lots of times, if that makes sense?

Anything else you need to know?

Someone told me they used the insulation from a thick piece of wire to tube.

-Kathy

Wonderful ideas, thank you all!!!

Kathy, I can't watch video's on our internet. I need help with trying to tube feed, what to feed, ect...see above posts for everything I could think of that you all would need to guide me...let me know if there is anything else needed. Thank you so much
hugs.gif

I wish I could edit, instead of posting post after post.

I have to put the other chickens to bed soon, I can get them in, probably at 6:30pm...with some grumbling and a little extra work...maybe after would be a good time to try this????? Because of the bear attack, they come through not long after that, so the latest I usually put them in is 7:30pm. or I will have bears roaming around. Even with the electric fence, I still would rather they were in...That bear/bears went right THROUGH the door. I have no doubt, if they are wanting to, they would go through the fence if chickens were running around when they come through.

I have old timers memory...the first time, 2 months ago, when Sarah stopped eating, and I was getting her to drink by hand...literally by hand, no syringe, her poop was not green at all...just really runny and not the clear water but some white in it also...I had her on towels so I could see what her poop looked like. Now have her on shavings, and had the green poop before she stopped eating, as I mentioned.

After I got the water in her earlier today, she had a big all water poop, no sign of anything else or color so things are still moving through ok. Still worried about the green poop and wondering about giving the rest of the Duramycin I have to her????

I'm going to wake her up and see if I can get some more water in her, it's been quite a bit now. Will check back in a bit K? Sorry for all the separate posts also!!!

Thank you all for your condolences. I am so glad I found you all and thank you for all your help!

I have lost many loved animals and it never get's easier. This is for you Sarah. July 27, 2014 I will see you again one day. God answered prayer in that He took her quickly!

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that friend goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; Her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy cuddles rain in your arms; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your friend, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

You will never be forgotten Sarah! I wish you had more time here with us, and hope the time you did have here, you knew you were loved very much! I already miss your little trills of thank you for all that was done for you! Love you my dear sweet little one!
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom