Save me from the wrath of my family!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whitehouse Quail, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    I got an order a couple of days ago from a friend that wants some meat birds, but not cornish rock x. So I figured I'd get some Buff Orpingtons and keep a hen or two for my personal collection. Well, that chalks up the egg count to 18. Now, I was wishing I had some more Silkies running around. So, I went and bought another 10-12. Well, another friend wants a welsummer rooster. I want a welsummer hen. So, I ordered some welsummer eggs. That brings the total egg count up to 42 or around!

Now here is the problem... no one in my family knows that i bought them! They think we have too many birds (Which I strongly disagree with [​IMG] ) They all have room to be happy and be chickens, as soon as there isn't enough space for them I'll stop.

As far as they know, I am hatching three eggs for a friend. Wait until the mail comes on Monday!
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Well, too late now! [​IMG] Just put those eggs in the bator and don't worry about it. Remember though, that you don't want to crowd your hens....that'll make 'em cranky! You could end up with a buncha mean, feather pecked ladies......and roosters since you're hatching.....

Good luck! You can always sell your excess poultry.....
  3. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Remember this:

It is easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission....[​IMG]
  4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Just remember

And what he says goes!
  5. 4boysmom

4boysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    I guess I helped you on that one [​IMG] . Good many birds do you already have?
  6. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Oh yeah. That chicken math gets us in trouble every time [​IMG]
  7. Whitehouse Quail

Jul 1, 2009
    Quote:A pen of silkies, a pen of Buff Orpingtons, a pen of Barred Rocks, a laying pen, a pen of Polish, and 85 quail. I also have 9 rabbits, a goat, four sheep and two bobwhite quail.

Thanks for your help! [​IMG]
  8. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    Um . . . wow, yeah, that's a lot! LOL!
  9. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Now they will forever be suspicious of you. Apparently my husband got a call from UPS or USPS (he didn't really listen) saying that there was going to be a package delivered that needed a signiature. He called me this morning to tell me about it and asked how many eggs did you order this time? I haven't ordered eggs in over a year!
    In fact I haven't ordered anything lately - wonder what it is or if they got a wrong number...
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  10. Whitehouse Quail

Jul 1, 2009
    Quote:Cross your fingers that it's a mistake shipment of eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by