Saved a dog from the streets. Now what?

My dad's dog has got my dad trained. I have a strong dislike for that dog. He does not come to me when I call him, if I raise my voice he runs away and hides in places where I cannot get him, he keeps getting his collar off and if I put it on him any tighter he looks uncomfortable, and he pees when I grab him and I put him outside. He has peed on my leg! Ugh! Then when he comes inside my dad gets all "oh good boy good boy".
smack.gif
I get so mad at my dad. I keep telling him to completely ignore Bruno when Bruno comes inside, because my dad does not know if Bruno has been good or not. All dad says is "ooh im sorry" in a jokish tone. Blegh.
My sweet little doxie knows that I am the boss.

He's showing signs of fear towards you. If you built a trust bond with him and work on training, he will come when you call.

Quote:
My mom's yorkie is the same way. He will only eat kibbles and bits or the ol roy version of kibbles and bits. He was my dog until I had my kids (he doesn't like kids too much), and when he was a puppy I tried everything that petco carried I think. He's about 10 now, it took until he was about 3 to figure it out.

hahahaha! It always amazes me when peoplke say they have picky pets =P Kids are the same way=) They WONT starve, just want to make you give them the goods!
Quote:
She knows if she holds out long enough she'll get PEOPLE food. I'd bet if you let her go hungry for a day she'll eat the dog food.

Back
Top Bottom