Saved a duck, thought y'all might wanna know

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today a couple of my caring loving friends witnessed 6 baby mallard ducks getting run over, and the momma barely escaping with her other three. The momma duck had ten ducks. That means that there was a cute little dawdling one that barely escaped being run over. My friends took him straight to me after they saw that the momma duck run away with her three and not looking back. I set up a brooder and he's super cuddly and sleepy. so that's my story I hope you liked it. We decided to call it sweetpea or peanut II. View attachment 2657999
I’m glad this duckling was rescued! You’re doing a good job caring for it. Though it would probably be best to find a wildlife rehabber so it can be released into the wild.

It is awesome that you rescued this duckling!!

I'm sure you are already in love, as it is very easy to fall in love with ducklings, but I definitely agree with the others. The best thing you can do is take the little guy to a wildlife rehab. That will be the happiest life for him, and you really don't want to run into any legal problems once he is full grown and you are super attached.

yeah one thing we could use less of ugh hogs
Whenever our sows were in heat we didn't even have to go hunting! The boys broke into their pen. We were up pretty late those nights but it was worth it for those ribs🤤

Does that depend on state laws or is it just a wildlife law that applies to all states?
Federal legislation.
Yes I am In my state I am
Sadly, you're not. A wildlife rehabber is your best option. Long ago I purchased a pair of wood ducks without a federal permit. When I went to license them, they were seized by Fish and Wildlife. Sad but true - lesson learned on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom