Saw my duck killing foxes!

cdnley

Songster
9 Years
Dec 7, 2010
I had 4 ducks. In the fall the fox got 2. We shot and killed that fox (red). Then fast forward to this spring, last week actually, a fox got into the duck pen and got the remaining 2. All I have left of them are a few eggs...I think only one may hatch. Anyway I completely freaked out and was really upset and vowed to kill that fox.

Last night my DD saw something outside the window. What do you know it was Mrs Gray and her pup sniffing around the now empty duck pen (coming back for seconds). My DH raced upstairs to get the gun but by the time he came back they were gone. I am hoping to trap them as soon as my friend brings his trap over. I will set it up beside the duck pen with some unhatched eggs or some meat inside. Its a shame I have to kill the young one too but there are not any other options.

I hope we catch them sooner than later as the egg is set to hatch at the beginning of May and I am getting 8 live ducks and gesse at the end of May.

The title is a little misleading.... "Saw my duck killing foxes!"

I thought your duck had killed foxes.

We have a fox family hanging around, I sure hope it doesn't have to get deadly.
hmm.png
Sorry you lost your ducks.

Haha! Yes, I wish I had a breed of fox killing ducks! Sorry I have a hard time proofing as I have a 4 yr old and a 10 month old! That did make me LOL though!

A.T. Hagan :

Well, that's one thread title that caught my attention!

x2. I was wondering exactly how they taught the duck that one!
wink.png

It's a catchy title, leave it!
lol.png

On the serious side, how did the foxes get in the pen? My ducks are penned too, there is a "coop" but it can't be locked up at night, due to some unfortunate geological and arborial changes in the area.
roll.png
Until I can rebuild the duck house, I worry about them. I have hardware cloth all over the place, but not on that particular pen.

All suggestions on beefing up the duck pen welcomed!

A.T. Hagan :

Well, that's one thread title that caught my attention!

haha, me too! I usually don't read posts about predators but this one I just had to read​

Back
Top Bottom