Saw my duck killing foxes!

Um, yes, I also was lured to this thread, thinking that you had a super duck that was killing foxes! I was hoping for a pic of a duck with really big biceps!
idunno.gif

Quote:
It was windy and the top of the pen somehow slightly opened up. The fox must have jumped on the top of the pen and snaked in there (thus forcing it to open more). The pen design was was well built except for the door. Basically the whole pen is built on pallets with a pallet enclosure and chicken wire open area, there is no way to dig into it or anything. The next pen will be 300x better though especially with the door design.

We have a fox family hanging around, I sure hope it doesn't have to get deadly.

I would expect this to be a problem sooner than later! If it were me, I would eliminate the problem before it becomes one. That is unless your coop is Ft. Knox. It amazes me at how good they are at exploiting any weakness they can find. I had to shoot one yesterday (fox) that was inches from grabbing a hen. I had to decrease my lead length on the shot to avoid hitting my hen as it was a hot pursuit through my yard!
To the OP, Good luck with your new ducks and geese. I hope you get your fox(es). I have to agree the title definitely caught my eye as well!! LOL​

Quote:
It was windy and the top of the pen somehow slightly opened up. The fox must have jumped on the top of the pen and snaked in there (thus forcing it to open more). The pen design was was well built except for the door. Basically the whole pen is built on pallets with a pallet enclosure and chicken wire open area, there is no way to dig into it or anything. The next pen will be 300x better though especially with the door design.

Sigh.............it's already 89F here and looks like I need to do some work on the top of the pen.
th.gif
That's the weakest spot. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom