Saxonies. . .

I have Silver Appleyards.

To me, it seems as if Abacot Rangers, the Appleyards, Saxonies, and Welsh Harlequins are very similar.

AppleyardFlock.JPEG

(From feathersite.com)

Mine would be very calm and sweet - if I had raised them. I bought them as adults, and they're slowly coming around to be okay with me. They're pretty quiet, unless they get cornered, then they QUACK up a storm! Like they think I'm going to murder them or something.
lol.png

They're BIG too! Really uhh... fluffy. Lots of feathers and fluff.

The people I got them from said they had raised their own young last year, and I don't doubt it. They seem to be the ones most likely to go broody out of my flock. (But my buff was sitting on an egg the other day...)

Yes, I can see that. I am enamoured by the welsh harlequins and silver appleyards as well
smile.png
The harlequins are particularly beautiful, I think, and everything I've read says they are calm and friendly as well. Although it was the picture of saxonies on the holderread's site that made my heart go pitter patter
love.gif

LOL.
Thanks everyone.
Anyone else?

Yes, well definately can't fault you for going with the appleyards. They are beautiful
love.gif

I have a Sax Drake and a Rouen Hen, I like him much better than her just for the fact that I am not too fond of the Rouen "saggy" underside. He is super nice and has a really quiet voice compared to Meade (the hen) I will order more Sax for sure, especially since they are on the "watch" list for low numbers in the US, DH is even in love and he said there was NO WAY we were bringing them home from the fair last summer....lol

Back
Top Bottom