Saying Bye to my 2 beautiful Pekins

And just because you have not yet gotten ill from these practices does not mean you never will. You get to decide what risks are acceptable to you, but claiming something is an acceptable practice because you do it or because you read it somewhere on the internet without critically evaluating the resource and cherry-picking information is bad practice and unethical at best and dangerous at worst.

OP, I am sorry you have to send your babies away. Glad you will get to visit them, though. What kind of dog are you getting?

I’m getting a Moodle aka maltipoo. Yes I’m pretty sad they left.. i look into the backyard thinking ill see them and then theyre just gone.. it. Was tough but they are probaly in better hands and have lots of. Chicken friends!!

Hey guys, me again. Just recently my ducks became full grown!! I’m so happy for them..but unfortunately, my mum said i have to give my ducks to my grandmas. My grandma will look after them and stuff so I’m pretty happy that they are going to a nice house now. I’m getting a puppy today to replace my duckies. Im gonna miss them so much, but ill see them once every 2 weeks! Which is luck for me.

bye bye quack quacks, i love you so much and ill miss you heaps.. But dont worry ill still see you!! I love you and ill never forget you! Xx

bella

here are some pics of them from ducklings to adults!
Well done on raising two beautiful and healthy looking ducks.

Has your Nan raised ducks before ? Perhaps she can join us here ?

Hope you have a lovely time with your puppy - am guessing you will be on poop picking duties from here on in !

Well done on raising two beautiful and healthy looking ducks.

Has your Nan raised ducks before ? Perhaps she can join us here ?

Hope you have a lovely time with your puppy - am guessing you will be on poop picking duties from here on in !

Thank you! She has about 20 chickens in her yard and around 40 years ago she had a duckling that she bought for my mum (this was like the 1980s, I wasn’t even born lol) but around 1 month after she got it, it then got eaten for meat (I’m mad at my gran for doing that, its so mean to kill ducks for a simple meal of meat ) but she promised me that she wouldn’t do that with my ducks and that she would treat them like her babies. Hmm, join you where? my gran is in NSW Sydney. If you do live here, You might wanna think about letting her join..she is 73 years old. Also I’m with my pup Latte now! He is such a good boy! He has these potty sheets and he does all this business (poo and wee) on them! I literally dont have to do anything for him. Ill send through a pic

Attachments

• 941FA052-A331-40F9-A452-976905E45B3F.jpeg
    941FA052-A331-40F9-A452-976905E45B3F.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 9761260B-8D9A-44B6-9842-CFB6D90AA488.jpeg
    9761260B-8D9A-44B6-9842-CFB6D90AA488.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 7E0BFB07-558E-4413-84BA-63AD7AE83146.jpeg
    7E0BFB07-558E-4413-84BA-63AD7AE83146.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 3
  • F897085D-3BD4-430A-B6AA-08FBD46FA73C.jpeg
    F897085D-3BD4-430A-B6AA-08FBD46FA73C.jpeg
    666.7 KB · Views: 2
Thank you! She has about 20 chickens in her yard and around 40 years ago she had a duckling that she bought for my mum (this was like the 1980s, I wasn’t even born lol) but around 1 month after she got it, it then got eaten for meat (I’m mad at my gran for doing that, its so mean to kill ducks for a simple meal of meat ) but she promised me that she wouldn’t do that with my ducks and that she would treat them like her babies. Hmm, join you where? my gran is in NSW Sydney. If you do live here, You might wanna think about letting her join..she is 73 years old. Also I’m with my pup Latte now! He is such a good boy! He has these potty sheets and he does all this business (poo and wee) on them! I literally dont have to do anything for him. Ill send through a pic

I meant your Nan could join us here on BYC ! She is 73 years young !

I hope she doesnt eat them as well !

Latte looks lovely - I hope you two have a lovely time together!

He is adorable!😍 such a handsome boy!

Back
Top Bottom