Saying Goodbye to My Feathered Family :(

hokankai

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2010
SW WA
Well, the time has come once again for me to head back to college and leave my chickies behind. I leave early tomorrow morning, and this afternoon I decided to take pics of the pullets and cockerels so I can see how much they've changed in the the next 4 months (they are currently 14-15 weeks old?). When I next see them in December, my hens will have experienced their first molt, my pullets will have their adult feathering, and my cockerels will be crowing. I hate missing their little milestones, but that's life I guess.

Here are the pics of my feathered babies ^_^

Banties: Jemima
DSCN2933.jpg

Daisy, who has a crippled foot
DSCN2931.jpg

Jane, the small and mighty
DSCN2924.jpg

Sadie, who went from an unsocialized biter to a very tolerant cuddler
big_smile.png

DSCN2922.jpg

Violet, the sweetest and my favorite
tongue.png

DSCN2913.jpg

Francis, the adorably cuddly cockerel <3 (he was given a haircut so he could see)
DSCN2914.jpg

LF Pullets (and Hootie the lone boy):
Claire, so sweet and my favorite LF
DSCN2902.jpg

Clover and Hootie (siblings)
DSCN2901.jpg

Flo
DSCN2899.jpg

Ginger
DSCN2897.jpg

and Ivy (aka Falcon Face)
DSCN2896.jpg

Last edited:
What a truly adorable feathered family you have! I'm sorry you won't see them for a while, but imagine the beautiful changes when you get back!

Thanks
big_smile.png
. It's always hard to leave my pets behind, but I'm hoping my family gives them as good of care as I do
hmm.png
. Can't help but worry

Maybe you could skype them to keep in touch
big_smile.png
You are lucky to have a family who is willing to take over Coop Duties for you! My DH will do the minimal but doesn't "socialize" well with chickens! I am sure your brood will miss you!

Phew!!!!!!! When I read the title, I thought you were having to give them up completely. So glad that they will still be "your" chickens. They are all so very beautiful! Have your mom take pictures and email you updates once a week! Then you'll get to see all the changes and feel more connected. Good luck in school!!

~Kelly~
My Country Chronicles Blog

Beautiful chickens! I love your frizzle! I've got some bantam cochin frizzles and I just adore them!

Take care and have a wonderful year of school! So sorry you have to leave your feathery friends.....

Sharon

Back
Top Bottom