scaley leg mites

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crazyfeathers, Oct 19, 2014.

1. crazyfeathers

crazyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2013
    Auburndale, Wi
    Hi,
    I am looking for any information on the spray form for leg mites and where I can buy it from, oh and the actual name of the product. I know all about the other various ways to deal with mites but wanted to know if anyone has tried the spray and what the outcome was. I sincerely appreciate your time. :)

2. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Manna Pro scaly leg protector

You can get it at any feed store or tons of places online...

Most people use Vaseline...

For me I just hang a No Pest Strip in the coop, it solves and prevents all sorts of infestations...

3. crazyfeathers

Aug 24, 2013
    Auburndale, Wi
    Thank you, sorry but what is a no pest strip? Have you ever used the spray and was it effective?

4. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

http://www.hotshot.com/products-and-solutions/all-products/no-pest-strip.aspx

You can get them at Walmart or just about any hardware store for about $6, it's pretty much all I use, never used the spray... I had one second hand hen with a bad case of leg mite, the No Pest Strip cleared it up within a few weeks...

5. crazyfeathers

Aug 24, 2013
    Auburndale, Wi
    Thanks for the information I'm going to give it a try. Should I put something on the roosts?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by