Scaly leg mites & DE

Put neem oil and dish detergent in warm water and soak the chickens 15 min once a week if they're itching all over
I've used neem oil for mites and it works well! I mix 1 teaspoon of neem oil in a 1 pint spray bottle with water. Make sure to use warm water though so the oil doesn't separate. I spray around the vent area. The neem oil oils down the feathers and makes it harder for the mites to lay eggs.

I would recommend sticking with a proven treatment rather than experiment with something unproven. I want something tried & true, no maybes or this or that sorry!
Welcome to the crowd! You're part of approximately 75% of the population who prefers tradition over innovation. I just happen to be one among the 25% who prefers thinking out of the box. If it weren't for the few, the majority would not enjoy the progress of inventions and the learning gained from experimentation. Naturally, it's your option to prefer the "tried and true." Each person has the liberty to choose.

But I also happen to be a biology teacher who enjoys chemistry. So my "experimentation" is not based on mere speculation, but on the understanding of the natural laws with which I am familiar.

Welcome to the crowd! You're part of approximately 75% of the population who prefers tradition over innovation. I just happen to be one among the 25% who prefers thinking out of the box. If it weren't for the few, the majority would not enjoy the progress of inventions and the learning gained from experimentation. Naturally, it's your option to prefer the "tried and true." Each person has the liberty to choose.

But I also happen to be a biology teacher who enjoys chemistry. So my "experimentation" is not based on mere speculation, but on the understanding of the natural laws with which I am familiar.
Again, experiment if you like with your own birds but don't mock those of us who aren't as inclined to experiment with ours. Good day!

I would say if your rooster is losing weight you may want to consider worming him too. In my humble experience scaly leg mites tend to come out when there's some thing else going on compromising the chicken. It's just something to consider and you may think it's not necessary which is okay. In my flock I use valbezen. Not any homeopathic remedy. There are other medicinal wormers available as well. I suggest searching on byc if you want more info.

Back
Top Bottom