Scaly leg mites & DE

I would say if your rooster is losing weight you may want to consider worming him too. In my humble experience scaly leg mites tend to come out when there's some thing else going on compromising the chicken. It's just something to consider and you may think it's not necessary which is okay. In my flock I use valbezen. Not any homeopathic remedy. There are other medicinal wormers available as well. I suggest searching on byc if you want more info.

Thank you I don’t have pics, but he has lifted scales. I choose to do soaking & petroleum jelly. The article very helpful step by step. I am about to begin right now, so I’ll let you know how it goes. He’s a big boy! Appreciate help.

They cant live on you, you can't "get" them but they bite .Have I been bitten ?They can be spread to other birds and flocks easily.I wouldn't let her help if she has birds.They can be carried home with her on her clothes and shoes.
I throw my clothes straight in washer if I have been treating rooster. Sounds like my ducks can get mites also yikes.

Keep petroleum jelly or oil on their legs and feet and treat the coop as if they have red mites.These mites ibed in the skin and are hard to kill. (They can go dormant and you think they are gone) Administer an oral or topical dose of ivermectin and repeat in 2 weeks (0.2 mg/kg)

Back
Top Bottom