Scaly leg mites?

Peckuliar Polly

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2020
I need some help figuring out if one of my girls has scaly leg mites. She's an EE around 5 months old. We've had her for about 3 months and I think her feet have always looked like this. They look different from our other chickens but she's the only one with feathered feet so that may be why. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200802_190435103.jpg
    IMG_20200802_190435103.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 30
I need some help figuring out if one of my girls has scaly leg mites. She's an EE around 5 months old. We've had her for about 3 months and I think her feet have always looked like this. They look different from our other chickens but she's the only one with feathered feet so that may be why. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Did you figure it out? My roostie has had it for sure and while researching I learned that breads with feathered feet are more susceptible to them. And he was the only who visibly had them for months. Also he’s a Brahma and the only one with feathered feet in our flock. yesterday when I saw two of my girls with scales lifting. We’ve been trying to treat them all proactively but obviously we failed somehow.

I haven't soaked her feet yet but I'm fairly certain she does have leg mites because my RIR's legs which aren't feathered have started looking a little scaly to me now too. So I'm going to do a deep clean on their coop next week and then start treating them for leg mites and see how it goes. I'll try and take pics to see if they have any improvement. What are treating them with?

Back
Top Bottom