Scaly leg mites

Thank you! Never thought he wouldnt choke on it whole ... hahaha.
How is your wee fella doing? I hope the antibiotics help. It looks like an infection to me, feathered feet-legs can be a challenge! I used to worry about my silkies but they seem fine as long as they can dry off their feet.

Will check in tomorrow 🥰

How is your wee fella doing? I hope the antibiotics help. It looks like an infection to me, feathered feet-legs can be a challenge! I used to worry about my silkies but they seem fine as long as they can dry off their feet.

Will check in tomorrow 🥰
Thank you for asking. He is doing much better! Still areas that are red..but not angry red. Think it is just because the scales are gone in those areas of the legs. One foot is almost completely healed and the worst one looks good as well with just 2 small areas that still look like they arent quite there. Have been using that nu ? Cream for horses on it as was recommended. Both areas are in a feathered spot .. and it looks like the quills are trying to come out of skin. Thanks again.

Thank you for asking. He is doing much better! Still areas that are red..but not angry red. Think it is just because the scales are gone in those areas of the legs. One foot is almost completely healed and the worst one looks good as well with just 2 small areas that still look like they arent quite there. Have been using that nu ? Cream for horses on it as was recommended. Both areas are in a feathered spot .. and it looks like the quills are trying to come out of skin. Thanks again.
That's great he's doing better!

How is he doing?
THANK YOU TOOKIE!!! Good. One side still has a couple small places that are not totally healed.. one on the outside of the toe and one up a little higher at ankle. But i believe he is doing something to himself there .. it looks like he is catching the quills on something because those 2 places have not feathered back like the rest of his foot and the other side. It is just quills... when scratching around he must be catching those on something?? His legs look healed..but are still red in color... maybe because no scales yet? Feathered back too. He had the 5 days of antibiotics.. but the 2 spots on his foot/ankle i began putting stuff on at bedtime just because i dont want an infection!. We have never seen him peck at any of it!! They have all really enjoyed the fall leaves!! Haha. Had a few cold high wind days when we didnt let them out from pen. Have the one pen around the coop that is covered roof and heavy clear plastic 3ft up around it with the other 4 ft still open up to roof. They dont get wet and are out of wind ... on the days they stayed in.. we got 2 big piles of leaves and put on one side... then tossed a couple big handfuls of scratch on top and they were entertained all day! Haha but this may have been ways he has irritated his foot???
Another funny is that i did not have to put the capsules in his mouth!! His favorite thing above all is dry oatmeal! So we tried out of curiosity putting a tablespoon or 2 in his little special treat bowl that he knows is only his, then dropped that green capsule on top.. everytime he would scoop up some oatmeal a couple times then grab that green pill then finish his oatmeal!!! Who knew it would be so easy??? Hahaha. Hubby says i have spoiled them ALL beyond belief! Haha they can be out down the hill and i can call just one name a few times and just that one girl comes running... if she doesnt come back pretty quick then the rest come running wanting to know what they are missing out on!! hahaha. Getting rain today turning to freezing rain/sleet then snow overnight and tomorrow.. but after all clears up i will get a few pics of his legs for you to see. Thank you so very much for your kindness and support! And others on the team that helped with getting him well ... all have been great! Have lots of respect for all of you!

THANK YOU TOOKIE!!! Good. One side still has a couple small places that are not totally healed.. one on the outside of the toe and one up a little higher at ankle. But i believe he is doing something to himself there .. it looks like he is catching the quills on something because those 2 places have not feathered back like the rest of his foot and the other side. It is just quills... when scratching around he must be catching those on something?? His legs look healed..but are still red in color... maybe because no scales yet? Feathered back too. He had the 5 days of antibiotics.. but the 2 spots on his foot/ankle i began putting stuff on at bedtime just because i dont want an infection!. We have never seen him peck at any of it!! They have all really enjoyed the fall leaves!! Haha. Had a few cold high wind days when we didnt let them out from pen. Have the one pen around the coop that is covered roof and heavy clear plastic 3ft up around it with the other 4 ft still open up to roof. They dont get wet and are out of wind ... on the days they stayed in.. we got 2 big piles of leaves and put on one side... then tossed a couple big handfuls of scratch on top and they were entertained all day! Haha but this may have been ways he has irritated his foot???
Another funny is that i did not have to put the capsules in his mouth!! His favorite thing above all is dry oatmeal! So we tried out of curiosity putting a tablespoon or 2 in his little special treat bowl that he knows is only his, then dropped that green capsule on top.. everytime he would scoop up some oatmeal a couple times then grab that green pill then finish his oatmeal!!! Who knew it would be so easy??? Hahaha. Hubby says i have spoiled them ALL beyond belief! Haha they can be out down the hill and i can call just one name a few times and just that one girl comes running... if she doesnt come back pretty quick then the rest come running wanting to know what they are missing out on!! hahaha. Getting rain today turning to freezing rain/sleet then snow overnight and tomorrow.. but after all clears up i will get a few pics of his legs for you to see. Thank you so very much for your kindness and support! And others on the team that helped with getting him well ... all have been great! Have lots of respect for all of you!
Glad he's doing better!
Could you get some pictures?

Back
Top Bottom