Scammed by local breeder...advice please!

I had a purebred Anatolian female. the mildest dog ever. she was about 17 when she died.
the mother and puppy in my avatar are purebred Maremma.. She died around last Thanksgiving at 8 years old.
we had to put her down because of her illness.
.....jiminwaUSAu......
Aww that’s really cool. I hope one day I can get one, but right now we have a black mouth cur mix, so hopefully one day we will get one. I have horses, goats obviously chickens, cows in the back, and I feel like a Anatolian shepherd would do great living around all those animals.

we got our Anatolian when she was about 7 yrs,.
She was raised in town, had a goat for a companion for awhile. but no other contact with livestock.
when she came here, I tied her close to the chicken coop. we had 100 very baby chicks at the time.. they came around Alex and she never batted an eye. before long the chicks were climbing the big white mountain. they were on her back, legs and head.. she never made a move to even shake them off..
....jiminwaUSAu........

we got our Anatolian when she was about 7 yrs,.
She was raised in town, had a goat for a companion for awhile. but no other contact with livestock.
when she came here, I tied her close to the chicken coop. we had 100 very baby chicks at the time.. they came around Alex and she never batted an eye. before long the chicks were climbing the big white mountain. they were on her back, legs and head.. she never made a move to even shake them off..
....jiminwaUSAu........
Oh wow that’s really cool! She must’ve been a great dog.

Post your story on facebook and tell others who want to buy from her what happened, that will mean she makes a lot less money. I'm sorry, this is so frustrating, tell her you will get your chicks or your money, leave no room for negotiation, and if she hangs up call her back.

Yes, she was a good dog. but she had her bad side. we could never leave food on the kitchen table. she was tall enough that she could reach half way across the table without standing on her tippy toes. Any food in reach was fair game as far as she was concerned.
Once my wife had a frozen pizza on the counter top while preheating the oven. Alex grabbed the pizza. Annie grabbed Alex by the collar. they waltzed around the kitchen and Alex managed to eat the pizza while they struggled.
None of my Maremma's ever took anything off of even the coffee table. we didn't train them, they just were that way.
I had a border collie who would spit food out if I told him to..
Yes, we let the guard dogs into the house. every day we had treat time. bits of beggin strips. they all sat and waited thier turn. . when they were finished, they went back outside for the night.
I never even closed the doors on the chicken coops.
in eight years, we never lost a chicken to a predator.
......jiminwaUSAu.......

Yes, she was a good dog. but she had her bad side. we could never leave food on the kitchen table. she was tall enough that she could reach half way across the table without standing on her tippy toes. Any food in reach was fair game as far as she was concerned.
Once my wife had a frozen pizza on the counter top while preheating the oven. Alex grabbed the pizza. Annie grabbed Alex by the collar. they waltzed around the kitchen and Alex managed to eat the pizza while they struggled.
None of my Maremma's ever took anything off of even the coffee table. we didn't train them, they just were that way.
I had a border collie who would spit food out if I told him to..
Yes, we let the guard dogs into the house. every day we had treat time. bits of beggin strips. they all sat and waited thier turn. . when they were finished, they went back outside for the night.
I never even closed the doors on the chicken coops.
in eight years, we never lost a chicken to a predator.
......jiminwaUSAu.......
The pupper in my profile pic is a great pyr/ karakachan/ marremma sheepdog/ anatolian shepard mix. Quite the concoction, I know. She figured out how to open the doors to the house a few months after we got her,(she is an outside dog)and stole a total of 2 whole loaves of bread off the counter in one week! We had to get different door knobs because of it, lol. She is a sweetheart though, and is a big goof as you can probably guess from the pic.:p

Yeah, I guess we did get a little off subject, didn't we ? sorry..
If you do go after her on social media, be very careful and tell just the facts. anything not true can be thrown back at you as liable .
calling her on the phone will prove useless if she has caller ID. She just won't answer. and too many calls can be considered harassment .

Back
Top Bottom