Scared chickens...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by moeell1, May 8, 2011.

1. moeell1

moeell1 Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2010
    So we've been taking the girls outside for over a week, at dusk we would put them back in the house, well yesterday was there BIG day, i moved them too there coop, at bedtime I had to put them all in the coop and turned on a light, today they will not come out of the coop [​IMG][​IMG] I will go out to the coop make them go out, they will be all happy to be out and than two seconds later they are back in the coop.......silly silly girls!! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Mine did not come out of the coop for two days. It will not hurt them toj sty in. They will come out eventually. They are just getting used to their surroundings!

[​IMG]

3. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

It might take a few days for them to trust their new home enough to venture out of the safety of the coop. It's a whole new, scary world out there with lots of different sounds to get used to. Even after a couple of weeks of being in the run, mine would hurry back in the coop if they heard blue jays or crows in the trees over the run. They instinctively know that danger can come from the sky.

4. MyShunshyn

MyShunshyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    Sperrassoville, OK
    There is a reason they are called Chickens [​IMG]

5. spankyleatherlips

spankyleatherlips Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2010
    [​IMG]:yuckyuck

6. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Nope! They (chickens) are the reason that wimpy people are called chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by