Scared my pullet is a roo

Mindifnp

Hatching
May 22, 2022
I know Barred Rocks are sex linked and supposedly easy to tell if pulled or Cockrel but I swear this one looks like a male to me. This is my first time with the breed so wondering what others think?
20220522_152236.jpg

Attachments

• 20220522_152227.jpg
    20220522_152227.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 1
Nothing to be scared about, it's a cockerel not a wolverine. Barred rocks, are Auto sexing, not sex linked. As chicks, males have a mullet, girls have a toupee, but in most hatchery birds, this trait isn't bred for.

Nothing to be scared about, it's a cockerel not a wolverine.
I think they’re more scared they’ll have to give away a favorite bird.
Barred rocks, are Auto sexing, not sex linked. As chicks, males have a mullet, girls have a toupee, but in most hatchery birds, this trait isn't bred for.
Yup. But hatcheries use vent sexing anyways

I'm not so worried about having one rooster but I have 2 hens with recurring vent gleet that I'm constantly battling (they arrived to me that way) I'm more afraid having a rooster will actually spread the issue to my whole flock.

I know, I was being ironic.
I'm not so worried about having one rooster but I have 2 hens with recurring vent gleet that I'm constantly battling (they arrived to me that way) I'm more afraid having a rooster will actually spread the issue to my whole flock.
I don't think it spreads like that.

Back
Top Bottom