Scared of a Fly??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sellersgang, Sep 22, 2008.

1. sellersgang

sellersgang Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2008
    Cleveland, MS
    Yes... my 2 wk old chicks are scared to death of a tee tiny lil ole fly.. lol. When will they learn that it might be good to catch and eat??? One had gotten in to their brooder and you would have thought it was the end of the world. Poor babies.

2. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Chicks start out scared of everything. My sister thought it hilarious that they ran away from the tiny red dot of a laser pointer. Eventually as you begin to feed them stuff besides chicken feed and they try out a few bugs for themselves they will start to see every dot and everything that moves as possible food.

3. Shogun99

Shogun99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Las Cruces, NM
    I let mine "freerange" after about a week outside under some supervision and they started eating ants. Just put them outside...they'll calm down.

4. sellersgang

sellersgang Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2008
    Cleveland, MS
    They have been outside for one outing.. tryin to find time for another.. lol I dont see the evil fly anymore so maybe he made it in to someones tummy! [​IMG]

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I did't take mine out supervised until they were about 2 weeks. Boy I love this web site!!!

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I did't take mine out supervised until they were about 2 weeks. Boy I love this web site!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by