Scarlet coturnix?

FoxManor

Songster
5 Years
Aug 30, 2017
These are scarlet right? The 2 red ones not the other two.
6A22EF8F-8466-4E3A-B401-E7C2D513207B.jpeg
186FEA09-A0C0-4E05-81C2-9704DCDABA6F.jpeg

It’s hard to say, they look very dark, but that could be the lighting. It looks like they are Italian pattern also, but it’s faint.

They’re not quite as dark as they look but still dark. Those two are different than the Rosetta and Tibetan. I always get the range colors mixed up. Scarlet and red range are different? If so I might have been thinking red range, lol. Do they look different than both? I don’t know what either color looks like as chicks.

I’m not sure what red range is exactly, but scarlet is the range pattern of the roux coloration as far as I know.

Updated pic. Not sure if it’s as obvious in photos as it is in real life, but the color is very different from the Rosetta and Tibetans of the same age.
56832177-9920-47F9-BBBA-188C7BF054D4.jpeg
6E6C044A-7BD9-4675-AB77-D9318BF9E940.jpeg
6797D9D4-3A13-451E-BCC5-3E508D2CC1D1.jpeg

They still have a brooder light in one end and it’s nearing the end of its light life, so makes things a bit yellow. That brooder has Rosetta, Tibetan, a few pharaoh, and about 3 silver. I know when they’re right next to each other they’re clearly not Rosetta or Tibetan so I was thinking scarlet or some other range pattern.

They were chocolate/ tan colored when they hatched so I put them in with the golds so I could watch them feather out better (in case they feathered out the same as the other similar colors, and I forgot, lol)

They were chocolate/ tan colored when they hatched so I put them in with the golds so I could watch them feather out better (in case they feathered out the same as the other similar colors, and I forgot, lol)
I have a chocolate one I kept from this hatch, I suspect it will be a scarlet with no barring or lacing. He’s in the middle of the gingers in the picture.
B04C5145-057F-436D-BB8A-E5D7E368571A.jpeg

These 2 had no stripes at hatch so I was surprised when the baring started. What do you use as bedding by the way? I keep thinking I hate the big aspen wood flakes and that the chicks would do better on something like tiny wood chunks or coconut fiber or something. That bedding looks like it’s right up that alley.

Back
Top Bottom