Scatology.. Chicken Poop Questions

ThornyRidge

Songster
11 Years
Oct 28, 2008
Does anyone know of a site or photos that show different normal /abnormal droppings.. I thought I remembered seeing this somewhere but for the life of me can't remember. I know most droppings should be a greyish cast with the white urea bump on the top, but every once in awhile I get some that will poop seemingly normal and then will poop a orangeish/black/brownish pudding like consistency.. would this be diet or parasite. I have never seen segments of worms or anything.. as far as diet they get a 17% commercial layer crumble and some scratch daily along with some hay/grass yesterday I gave them some grapes and lettuce, in the summer they do forage around the woods for bugs/junk.. I also throw out some oyster shell and grit.

I am excited even though I have had chickens now for going on 8 years there is a "backyard poultry talk" happening in my town this weekend with a retired poultry vet from Ohio State speaking.. I actually have so many questions its unreal.. I am gonna bring up the poop question as well as best feed, routine meds/worming and withdrawal times.. so excited.

I know that the white part is urine and the brown, grey , black, green part is #@@#%$#%.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom