scheduled feeding vs. automatic

Some of the cornish cross strains basically don't have the trigger that says "hey, you're full, stop eating". They'll basically eat themselves to death. You can have month old birds suffering heart attacks, broken legs, hip failure, etc. 

These comments are not based on facts and should be considered very poor advice. There are autoratative resources available on the internet from the primary breeders of broiler chickens.

These comments are not based on facts and should be considered very poor advice. There are autoratative resources available on the internet from the primary breeders of broiler chickens.
There was no advice given.

There are literally hundreds of threads on this forum discussing people having Cornish Cross break legs, have heart attacks, and die with fluid in their abdomens. Many of the people on here growing them have 10%+ losses - most of these things can be prevented, but giving them free access to food is generally a bad idea.

If you have resources stating otherwise, provide references.

There was no advice given. 

There are literally hundreds of threads on this forum discussing people having Cornish Cross break legs, have heart attacks, and die with fluid in their abdomens.Yes it is discussed quite a bit but very few authoritative solutions are provided. The information is generally amatuerish. Many of the people on here growing them have 10%+ losses  And that is sad because so much of this needless loss of birds could be prevented.- most of these things can be prevented, Very true
but giving them free access to food is generally a bad idea. These birds are bred to have voracious appetites yes and also the ability to utilize what they eat. The method of preventing many of the problems you attribute to "eating themselves to death" (preposterous) are actually caused by bad light management and inadequate nutrition.

If you have resources stating otherwise, provide references.
Cobb-Vantress, Hubbard, Aviagen, Heritage Breeders (Perdue). And I speak from some the basis of experience myself. I raise six to seven flocks of broilers a year without nearly as much trouble as many ofthe unfortunate, miss informed folks on this forum experience.

You're arguing with yourself at this point.

I've said in each and every post here that it's a husbandry issue. I honestly have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Back
Top Bottom