School assignment help!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Morgan7782, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I am doing a paper on backyard family run chicken meat and egg farms (either to sell or personal use) vs big company battery hen egg farms, and would like any help offered! I will be doing a lot of research and wanted to know a few things from people here.

Has anybody here had a salmonella (or similar) scare/wipeout?

If anybody here has rescued battery hens can you post any before/after pictures??

Also, if you do reply I would like to use pictures and/or comments and can either site the resource as Backyard Chickens, or by username. Now I am off to research my butt off! Thanks for any help! I just need personal experience rather then facts, thanks again!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

We're a newer chicken family so we only have our first flock I'm sure there are more experienced chicken folk on here that would help. Ask a question...i'll give what I know.

[​IMG]

3. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Hi. There was actually an article in our local paper today stating that there has never been a recorded case of salmonella in byc. You might be able to find it online. Palm beach post ,under view. The article may be of interest to your paper. Gl. If for some reason it won't come up pm me I can mail you the article

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by