Scissor beak hen not able to eat

i am so sorry.. you are remarkable in all you are doing to help this bird.. i know i would do the same.. try everything i can first, before having to make the hard decision..

Sorry you are having to go through this. She is lucky to have had you take care of her. Sounds like you have done everthing you could to give her a good life.

So sorry for you and your little one.
I had a polish chick that started showing signs of cross beak at a couple of weeks. I wanted to try and give her some life to live as she had the best personality of the four chicks that I got. Gave her personal feeding time everyday but did not thrive as well as the others. She lasted eight weeks and was not well enough to make the transition to coop living. Hindsight I should not have tried to move her out with the others. And I would have been tied to this special needs chicken for as long as she lived. She died while I held her. Cried for not being a good chicken Mom and buried her next to the coop.

So sorry for you and your little one.
I had a polish chick that started showing signs of cross beak at a couple of weeks. I wanted to try and give her some life to live as she had the best personality of the four chicks that I got. Gave her personal feeding time everyday but did not thrive as well as the others. She lasted eight weeks and was not well enough to make the transition to coop living. Hindsight I should not have tried to move her out with the others. And I would have been tied to this special needs chicken for as long as she lived. She died while I held her. Cried for not being a good chicken Mom and buried her next to the coop.
So sorry you lost her! Its so sad when they want to live but just can do it. Mine made it for a while but once she started getting big she just couldn't get enough food without me hand feeding her and I couldn't get enough to her. It killed me to loose her.

Back
Top Bottom