SCORE!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by justusnak, Aug 17, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    Well....I dont usually like to brag...but..I just have to tell you all.
    I was listening to the radio Swap Shop...when someone came on and said they had some fencing for sale....so I called him. He said he has 4 or 5 Panels of chain link, from a dog kennel....and a couple of rolls of 7 ft Chain link...and that IF i was interested, I could have it all for $60.00.
    Of course...I said yes, and when we got there.....Ohhhh I was like a kid at Christmas. There was a WHOLE lot more.! There is about 200 ft of 7ft high chain link, about 100 ft of 6 ft......and 7 or 8 panels thats are about 6 x 10!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are redoing ALL of the chicken yards in this...and topping it with the chicken wire fencing.
    The buffs and Ameracaunas keep flyin out, over thier already 6 ft high fence! I am sooo excited! Thanks for listening.

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Great find!!! Good for you!

3. Mr.Dad

Mr.Dad Songster

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    That's awesome thumbs up......I'm going to be rebuilding my run this fall....if I could only be so lucky to find a deal like that....

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    Thanks...I feel really lucky to have found it. I will feel better when it is all up...not to find some sort of post, to hold up 7ft high chain link! LOL

5. drafthorse39

drafthorse39 Songster

Jan 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Awesome! [​IMG]

6. okiechick57

okiechick57 Songster

WOW you did great with that buy.........

7. SandraChick

SandraChick Songster

as a yard saler, freecycler, auction goer, and overall looking for deals all the time....You scored BIG TIME!

By the way...have you checked if you have a local freecycle?
    It's a simple forum to offer, or ask for free items. A great way to keep things out of landfills.

www.freecycle.org

Sandra

8. bayouchica

bayouchica Songster

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    You go girl ! What a deal. [​IMG]

9. nccatnip

nccatnip Songster

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    I love freecycle. When I bought my farm, it had been let go and junk everywhere. My barn and coop was filled with old hay that had been there for at least 7 years. I joined freecycle and one day some one posted wanting old hay for an organic nursery. I replied, he was overjoyed at his find where I only saw tons of work. He cleaned everything up, straightened up my coop and left it where I only needed to add feed, water and chickens.
    Today, he is delivering a used refridge to keep my raw food for the dogs in that he listed.
    As the saying goes- one man's trash is another man's treasure

10. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: