SCORE!

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
Well....I dont usually like to brag...but..I just have to tell you all.
I was listening to the radio Swap Shop...when someone came on and said they had some fencing for sale....so I called him. He said he has 4 or 5 Panels of chain link, from a dog kennel....and a couple of rolls of 7 ft Chain link...and that IF i was interested, I could have it all for $60.00.
Of course...I said yes, and when we got there.....Ohhhh I was like a kid at Christmas. There was a WHOLE lot more.! There is about 200 ft of 7ft high chain link, about 100 ft of 6 ft......and 7 or 8 panels thats are about 6 x 10!
FencingChainLink.jpg

Fencing07.jpg

We are redoing ALL of the chicken yards in this...and topping it with the chicken wire fencing.
The buffs and Ameracaunas keep flyin out, over thier already 6 ft high fence! I am sooo excited! Thanks for listening.

That's awesome thumbs up......I'm going to be rebuilding my run this fall....if I could only be so lucky to find a deal like that....

Thanks...I feel really lucky to have found it. I will feel better when it is all up...not to find some sort of post, to hold up 7ft high chain link! LOL

I love freecycle. When I bought my farm, it had been let go and junk everywhere. My barn and coop was filled with old hay that had been there for at least 7 years. I joined freecycle and one day some one posted wanting old hay for an organic nursery. I replied, he was overjoyed at his find where I only saw tons of work. He cleaned everything up, straightened up my coop and left it where I only needed to add feed, water and chickens.
Today, he is delivering a used refridge to keep my raw food for the dogs in that he listed.
As the saying goes- one man's trash is another man's treasure

Back
Top Bottom