Scots Dumpies and Manx Rumpies?

LukebotTectonic

Chirping
Jan 27, 2021
Hello, I'm somewhat newer to raising chickens however I've loved every second of it. In fact, we are building a brand new large shed with multiple coops inside and a run. One of my favorite things about chickens is how diverse they are and how many breeds there really is. My favorites are the rare and exotic ones, which isn't good for my wallet. We're going to be getting five Dong Tao's soon and I already have a small list of breeds that I want to get in the future. However, even though I've been able to find them all, I'm missing two. These are the Scot Dumpies and Manx Rumpies. I remember reading about them in this chicken book I got and I've wanted them every since, however, the people I wanted to get them from, Sandhill Preservation, are waiting till 2021 to sell the Dumpies while they no longer sell the Rumpies due to a raccoon getting into their coop. Just wondering if anyone knows anywhere else to get these breeds? Although I prefer chicks, I'd even be fine with hatching eggs to be honest.

How on earth did you get Dong Taos???!!!

Where are you located? I'm not sure if there are Scott's dumpys in the US but think maybe a few few Manx rumpies may be somewhere

Breeder off of Facebook that imported them from Vietnam, they're super nice and friendly and gave me pictures of the breeding parents and some of their chicks! I'm located in Eastern Idaho.

Breeder off of Facebook that imported them from Vietnam, they're super nice and friendly and gave me pictures of the breeding parents and some of their chicks! I'm located in Eastern Idaho.
Do you have plans to breed and sell chicks/eggs? I never knew they were allowed out of Vietnam

SandHill Preservation used to have Manx Rumpies, they might know someone that has them now

Do you have plans to breed and sell chicks/eggs? I never knew they were allowed out of Vietnam

SandHill Preservation used to have Manx Rumpies, they might know someone that has them now

One day I do hope to sell eggs. I'm really new to this so chicks are a little harder but I'll try. They're some of my favorite chicken breeds and I believe that they should be more available to the public.

I really hope that someone else or a different hatchery has them, they're some of my favorites!

You've got good taste in birds. I'll keep an eye out for anyone that might have some.

Have you considered Aseel chickens?

Yes in fact! I love game fowl, they're some of my favorite kinds of breeds. Ga Nois, Ko Shamos, Madagascar Games, and Liege Games are some of my favorites. Planning on getting some Malays and Modern Games, actually!

Hello, I don't know if you ever tracked down Dumpies but they're very scarce in the US and we do have some. This is our second year raising them and I'd be willing to part with a trio of this year's hatch if you're willing to make the drive. I'm not sure how to price them at the moment but I'm sure we can figure something out.

Hello, I'm somewhat newer to raising chickens however I've loved every second of it. In fact, we are building a brand new large shed with multiple coops inside and a run. One of my favorite things about chickens is how diverse they are and how many breeds there really is. My favorites are the rare and exotic ones, which isn't good for my wallet. We're going to be getting five Dong Tao's soon and I already have a small list of breeds that I want to get in the future. However, even though I've been able to find them all, I'm missing two. These are the Scot Dumpies and Manx Rumpies. I remember reading about them in this chicken book I got and I've wanted them every since, however, the people I wanted to get them from, Sandhill Preservation, are waiting till 2021 to sell the Dumpies while they no longer sell the Rumpies due to a raccoon getting into their coop. Just wondering if anyone knows anywhere else to get these breeds? Although I prefer chicks, I'd even be fine with hatching eggs to be honest.
Are you still breeding the Dong Taos?

Back
Top Bottom