Scottsdale AZ Rude Neighbor trying to Sue

You should be fine, I would whoop that guys ass for spitting on me, if he tried to trasspass, you can call the cops and press charges.
I stayed very calm during the incident since he was screaming, yelling, pointing and hollering. I am not going to fight fire with fire god is watching and karma is a B****. :) thank you for the kind post.

Call your local city or district court and ask what needs to be done to get a restraining order.

I've had to get them twice before and in my area, there were forms online I could fill out.

Putting a RO in place BEFORE he files a law suit is your best protection, especially if his son is a crooked attorney that is willing to help him file a frivolous lawsuit.

Call your local city or district court and ask what needs to be done to get a restraining order.

I've had to get them twice before and in my area, there were forms online I could fill out.

Putting a RO in place BEFORE he files a law suit is your best protection, especially if his son is a crooked attorney that is willing to help him file a frivolous lawsuit.
Thank you so much. Ill look into a RO. Appreciate the advice and kind response.

He stated he is a college graduate and that his son in law is a lawyer and will sue me for everything I have over pigeons. If he wanted to solve the solution then he would have came to me in a civilized matter not yelling, screaming, and spitting with fingers pointed stating get rid of your chickens and pay for my new roof. I wish more people would be kind and understand that this pandemic is a big thing and we should not be angry due to home bored at home but learn to be kind and find solutions to problems in a civilized way. thank you for your advice and kind post much appreciated.

Hopefully he is all talk and no action. I am hoping you will be able to get a restraining order, too. It never makes sense to me when people would rather cause a problem than find a solution.

Hopefully he is all talk and no action. I am hoping you will be able to get a restraining order, too. It never makes sense to me when people would rather cause a problem than find a solution.
I think I will hold on the RO for now and see what happens. To be honest there is only 1 pigeon or 2 in the area now. I am not sure what he did but I hope they are ok :(

Maybe build a potato canon to control the pigeons?

Just kidding, sort of.

If the real problem is the pigeons, does the city/county/DNR have a program for trapping and relocating them?

Sadly, people can sue you with no basis. Been on the receiving end of that one. Whether can win anything by doing it or not is a whole different matter. Meanwhile, they make your life H-E-double toothpicks and the attorney rob you blind. If it goes to a judge only, you have a fair chance (not counting the lost sleep, stress, and lost $$$$$ for the attorney) but if it goes to a jury, the person bringing the suit will often get some reward for their misbehavior because juries tend to figure the must be SOME grounds or the suit wouldn't have been brought.

Perhaps you should check into getting a restraining order against this neighbor? That often does not require paying an attorney, just filling out and filing papers with the court. You can find that out by calling the local court. The fact that he refused to respect social distancing in a pandemic and threatened you on top of it should be ample justification for a RO.

You might also try a peace offering and a chat - at 6' or more distance to find out if maybe he's super stressed about losing income and scared of losing his house, etc. Maybe he just needs some help with resources?
He scares me and I don't scare easily. I vote for the R/O so something happens to him next time. That is battery (spitting in someone's face) You better believe he would have caught a charge if he had spit on the policeofficer!!!

Back
Top Bottom