Scrambled eggs for chicks?

fleenorfarmmom

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Blountville, Tn
Can I feed my chicks or chickens scrambled eggs? I need something to do with the eggs we don't sell, and the dogs only need so many. Boiling/peeling is a lot of work. Scrambling is easy.

I feed them scrambled shell and all, the younger ones dont seem to like it that much, but the older ones think it is a real treat.

You can also boil them then just smash the whole thing, just dont give it to them looking like egg or they may decide to cut you out as the middle man.
roll.png

Last edited:
Some love them and then some just dont care for it. Its extra prtotein you can also scramble them up and brake the shell into tiny little pieces and mix it in
smile.png

Hope that info helps

You make them a most excellent treat! I always feed back some of the eggs to my chickens. They need the good protein. Boiled eggs, chopped with shell too, cooked white rice and homemade yogurt. They go into a feeding frenzy. You can literally hear them smacking. LOL

They go into a feeding frenzy. You can literally hear them smacking

Definately a frenzy! Some days I worry about falling down and not making it back out.
fl.gif
please dont fall, please dont fall...
Their feathers are growning back in nicely - due to the eggs I'm sure.
Terry​

Sometimes I'll throw the eggs shell & all into the blender & then scramble it -- only for the chickens, of course!

What extras do you all put in for them? Sometimes I'll put whole garlic cloves in the blender with the eggs, or put thawed frozen chopped spinach in the pan, or red pepper flakes.

Quote:
There is a possibility that the flavors of spices can get into the eggs they lay - you might not want to give them garlic, or someone may end up with a lightly garlicky cake or something.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom