Scrambled eggs

Or, if you dont have it, you dont need oil for a non stick pan. I have not had any luck with getting quail to eat eggs though...mealworms are great to up their protein.
You have to be careful feeding mealworms they are high in fat content, so should not be more than 10% of their dietary intake.

With anything, I read treats should only be fed no more than 10%. Not sure if it would cause impaction if not fed with grit though...
If reared on the ground, no grit will be necessary, they can find plenty of small pebbles or other type of 'grit'. Supplementary calcium is usually not necessary for ground raised birds...there is enough calcium in the soil.
Birds reared on wire will require calcium supplementation, due to the fact that alot of feeds don't have enough calcium added to the ration and if fed leafy vegetation or grains they will need grit.

If reared on the ground, no grit will be necessary, they can find plenty of small pebbles or other type of 'grit'. Supplementary calcium is usually not necessary for ground raised birds...there is enough calcium in the soil.
Birds reared on wire will require calcium supplementation, due to the fact that alot of feeds don't have enough calcium added to the ration and if fed leafy vegetation or grains they will need grit.
They are raised on the ground, but the chicks are indoors for a good 3 weeks. Thats what I am worried about, so currently I take them out for small field trips outside if I feed treats. Also, if I feed a gamebird starter to grown birds, they dont need ouster shells and egg shells for calcium?

Back
Top Bottom