Scrapbooking.. who is into it?

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
I have decided to make scrapbooks with my pics from my vacation.

I have only doet scrap booking a few times. Is there anything i need to know that are common beginner mistakes?

Last edited:
I love scrapbooking! I've done a dozen or so over the last 10 years. I'll share my own tips for you, but it's really about your personal style.

I think the biggest mistake people make is overcrowding the pages with stuff. The pictures should be the main focal point with a few small accents according to your theme. That's pretty subjective, though, it all depends on what you like.

Journalling is really important. Leave room to write the memories and stories. I'm so grateful that I wrote so much down when my children were little. Now I go back and think, "Oh, I'd forgotten they used to do that!"

great tip about the Journalling..

I read and hear a lot of hub bub about making sure you use the right glues or adhesives... whats that all about? or is it hogwash? I am using duplicates of all my pics everything is backed up by a CD or the actual printed pic which goes into a box. Do I really need all the expensive glues and stuff?

I want to get some pretty good quality books so they look nice and last, not some cheaply made dollar store stuff. Any tips on what to look for in a great quality book?

I used to do a lot of scrapbooking. I still have tons of photos I need to do. I haven't done much with scrapping for a while but have a bunch of supplies that are sitting in the closet that I need to use. I agree about using a lot of journaling because someday people are hopefully going to see these photos of thier ancestors and wonder, 'Who were they?' 'What were they like and what was the story behind this photo?' I wish I knew more about some of my ancestors that I have photos of but not much story.

is there some special way to attach flowers or other things we collected on our trip? like a clear rigid pocket or something?

Quote:
You want to use acid-free glue and adhesives because acid is bad for long-term storage. You want to use acid-free paper and stickers, too. Most crafting stores already stock acid-free everything, but you want to double check.

I like Creative Memories books, but I don't know if that's available in Canada. I'd go to your craft store and look at the books and see if you like the quality available.

Quote:
Yes, there are clear pockets/envelopes available for that sort of thing. They should be somewhere in the scrapbooking aisles of your craft store.

creative memories is hugely expensive.. and i cant justify paying their prices... i will go to michaels craft store tomorrow i guess and see that they have... thanks for the help

This is the website I used to use all of the time for ideas: www.twopeasinabucket.com

I own about 3 ton of scrapbooking supplies
roll.png

WOW I have a great hubby... he actually spend an hour and a half in Michaels craft store helping me find stuff for my scrapbooking and when the total came to over $100 he never batted an eyelash just paid it... them went to walmart and spent more $$ on scrapbooking stuff..

someone stop me...lol

Back
Top Bottom