PlumTuckered

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 27, 2007
Arkansas
This is my darling little Scrappy Gal showing her angel wing:
2832_scrappywingback.jpg

2832_scrappyangelwing.jpg

Here she is wearing her wonderful wing wrap from Miss Nettie :)
2832_frontview.jpg

2832_sideview.jpg

2832_frontbellyview.jpg

2832_resting.jpg

when I first put it on her I had it too loose...the little stinker stood straight up and did a shimmy dance until it was down around her legs, she then laid down her belly and scooted out from it...this little gal is too smart for my own good LOL I put it back on properly and she happily ran around the yard, ate some soggy cheerios and then went to bed with no complaints at all. This wing wrap is so well made and so dang easy to put on!! I tried using vet wrap and made a big mess, frustrated myself and scrappy at the same time. Putting this wing wrap on her was easy peasy.

Nettie, Scrappy sends big ole hugs to you :)

Michelle

Scrappy has angel wing, the wrap will help correct it :) Look in the first photo of her, you can see that her wing tip sticks outward instead of tucking under the rest of wing.

Michelle

thanks so muck for posting pics! I love it! She's too too too cute. I'm glad it's working.. It looks like you've caught her angel wing early enough to where it won't be too hard to fix. You're a good duck mommy! Definitely keep me updated on her progress!

The wing wraps will soon be up for sale on our website. I have a friend we're hiring to finish the store portion for us.

I wish I had known about this wrap last year, I stuggled with vet wrap and duct (duck?) tape unsuccessfully for a while with one of my boys. It never did straightenout all the way. He is living the good life in a petting zoo now. But, since I have 3 duck eggs in the 'bator, I will definatly contact you if I need to fix one. How are they if the duckie goes swimming? Can they swim in them? Oh, and do you make them in small, I have BEI and mallards.
Thanks!

Miss Nettie, you've done a marvelous job creating these! Scrappy didn't even fuss about it, she's able to walk and run with it on, she settled into bed with no complaints at all. If you need the larger res. images of her in the wing wrap, let me know and I'll get them to you. I promise to keep you updated :)

Let me know when your website is up and running, I'll add a link to it on my Chickens and Ducks blog.

Michelle

Quote:
Michelle, I hope I am wrong but I suspect you are too late with the wrap. Were you able to get her wings folded the right way before you put the wrap on? If so than I am wrong, and in about two weeks tops your will have a new Scrappy with proper wings. She just looks very mature to just be developing angel wing. If her joints have formed wrong the wrap won't fix it.

Goosedragon, yes I was able to fold her wing properly. Scrappy is 9 weeks old, is that too old to fix angel wing?

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom