*Screams and Cries wildly* STUPID FOX! I HATE YOU!

Good luck on that.
lol.png
If your Dad gets the job done, skin the fox out and tan it to hang on your wall.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
So sorry for your loss. I feel your pain, I lost all my flock to a possum last year.
hit.gif

But don't worry, you'll get your revenge.
wink.png

But after you get your revenge, here are some good tips for keeping other beasties from bothering your flock again:
Foxes, and most other predators, don't like the idea of a lot of noise and commotion going on at the scene of their crime. So, what I read in a book once, try hanging a small radio with a 24-hour talk show channel on, and leave it on relatively high volume and hang it somewhere near the coop. The sound of human voices will deter the fox and it won't want to go near.

Another idea that my lover told me: his grandfather owned poultry for decades, and his favorite way to repel predators was simple yet effective: human hair has a very strong scent, and the scent lasts for a really long time. If you take human hair clippings and leave them around the coop, you'll literally make a "scent-barrier" and it'll keep predators away. Most wild animals hate the human scent, and will avoid a place that smells strongly of human presence.

So, good luck, and I wish your injured bird a happy road to recovery.
hugs.gif

Quote:
No, I REFUSE to use them as 'bait.' Nice suggestion Tho. I think of them as Pets, and they are now in my freezer to be buried in the Spring- Nice Pic tho LOL

Back
Top Bottom