Screen door

My house is old, too. We've got to take the storms down (finally warm enough!!). But we don't have screens to put up.
rant.gif

Darn flies drive me nuts. But the cats LOVE catching & eating the moths.
sickbyc.gif

Think I'll stop by the hardware store tonight & get some fly paper. A necessity now that we've got chickens. <sigh>

those of you with old windows should go to Walmart and get the premade screens, they are cheap, and they have a couple sizes, you just open your window and sit these in and then close the window on them until they are holding the screen. The screens slide open to get wider or smaller depending on what you need. You can buy a few and just move them around to the window you have open. I use them on top of my brooders as I have a couple sizes of brooder boxes so I just pull them to fit the top.

Nancy

Quote:
I just remembered that I've got one in the attic. I'll have to pull it down tonight. My window sashes were painted at some point, so the windows don't open far enough to pluck in that darn screen. At least they open now - they were painted shut when I bought the house - not a single window opened! Why would you do that?!?

I have one of those on the door to the Barn up north, it works great! The bugs and chickens don't come in where I don't want them, and I don't have to open and cloe a door to go in and out. I really like it. I might get one of the big garage door ones too, so we can leave the garage open and still keep stuff out.

Quote:
I just remembered that I've got one in the attic. I'll have to pull it down tonight. My window sashes were painted at some point, so the windows don't open far enough to pluck in that darn screen. At least they open now - they were painted shut when I bought the house - not a single window opened! Why would you do that?!?

A) To make it look pretty so they could sell it to the buyer at a higher rate.

B) To suffocate the new tennants so they could buy the house back at a lower rate.

C) For security purposes???

Back
Top Bottom