Scrumbly-shelled egg

BigBlueHen53

❤️ Exodus 20:8-11 ❤️
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
Sorry, I don't know what else to call this, lol! This egg is not smooth-shelled like a normal egg. I will post a pic in a few minutes. It looks like it was made by a little kid out of lumpy clay. It's extremely rough and knobbly. So my question is, do I have a sick/ dying hen? Nobody is acting out of sorts. Based on y'all's responses, I may go out after dark tonight and try to palpate everybody's abdomens and see if I feel anything funky or abnormal. Thanks for your responses, suggestions and advice.

Oh, background info. I have 5 Brown Leghorns and 7 or 8 EEs, 21/2 years old. I also have 7 or 8 Black Australorp s, 1 1/2 years old (they were all hatched in early March of their respective years). Sorry, hit post too soon. More info follows.

To continue: we feed all-flock available at all times and a handful of scratch every afternoon. They live in a large run with lots of wild greens, and we turn them out every afternoon about 3:00 to forage on bugs and additional greens. We have one rooster who is not hard on them. They have grit and OS at all times. Anything I'm forgetting?

PXL_20210805_233342653.jpg

PXL_20210805_233357632.MP.jpg

We got one of these yesterday too. Should I worry?

Back
Top Bottom