Sdwd

As we're fond of saying around these parts: Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
wink.png

Dang Tim! Your wife has expensive tastes in sewing machines! And I thought that embroidery machine I have my eye on was pricey! It's only about $450!
th.gif

As we're fond of saying around these parts: Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
wink.png

Dang Tim! Your wife has expensive tastes in sewing machines! And I thought that embroidery machine I have my eye on was pricey! It's only about $450!
th.gif

So now you know what I'm up against.? She like to do all those fancy shmancy embroidery and smocking things. I'm no sure what the brand is, but her last machine was an Elna and cost, $1100.

What happened with that machine was I took it in for repairs and then there was a problem with the metal bobbin case in that it fell into the machine some how. She and my DD decided it would be good to use a "magnet" to get it out, which of course blew the entire computer chip. It could not be fixed after that for cheap.

Anyhow, this is why when you go to craft fairs and see those cute embroidered cloths they are not as cheap as Walmart. Those folks in China did not have to buy their own machines.

For her birthday I bought her Martha Pullens, Sewing for a Royal Baby, though she really does deserve a $5,000 machine. I need to win the lotto or become really smart to earn the money she needs.

This weekend she is making 15 ginger bread houses to do a Ginger bread house making party for the Queen and her little friends. Please keep me in prayer. I really need to go somewhere far away.

I'm about to get out a big old can of "tough love" and open it up on my grand daughter!
somad.gif
Dang kid! Twenty and a half years old and she's STILL acting like a teen ager!
rant.gif
There are days I really regret stepping up to the plate in raising her!
he.gif

I'm about to get out a big old can of "tough love" and open it up on my grand daughter!
somad.gif
Dang kid! Twenty and a half years old and she's STILL acting like a teen ager!
rant.gif
There are days I really regret stepping up to the plate in raising her!
he.gif
Beware, sometimes tough love doesn't work. I tried it on a daughter. She got into drugs. She eventually got caught and ended up doing time in prison. She is now 47, and this just happened about 6 years ago. I want to believe she is clean but I don't know if I will be able to trust her again. I keep telling her she has to get her life in order. She is on any public assistance programs she can get on and she does work but it is under the table so she doesn't have to report any income so she can keep her public assistance. What kind of life is this and since she isn't contributing to any retirement program it looks like this is the way she will be for the rest of her life.

Back
Top Bottom