Sdwd

Oh that Georgie is a bad girl. My Fattie used to draw blood too. Zena is a jumping fool I should add. She has decided it is best at treat time to hop up on the porch steps and whilst I am tossing treats to the heathen crew and handing them to Lancelot and Hector, she can jump up and steal stuff out of my hand. Today my hand was empty and she dang near took a finger with her. LOL Junebug and Zena are both ridiculous messes. Attention seeking pains in the backside but so sweet too.

Kathy you politician chicken does not have as much black on her as Junebug, makes her look so soft and cottony. Junebug lays a brown egg but her sister Hedwig (RIP) was going to lay green eggs. Her first egg was HUGE and was turned sideways and I did not know it, she died from being eggbound. Poor thing had three big green eggs in the ovaduct ready to be laid but the first one was bullet shaped and sideways. :( Hedwig had a pea comb and Junebug has a single comb. I feel comfident that the comb determination thing works.

*frantically waves hello*

I've missed y'all!

Everyone here is healthy and doing well. School is rapidly drawing to a close, ourformerly foster, recently adopted son is going to Cornell also, wants to be a vet. The babies are huge chunks and at 7 months old crawl all over. Thomas is trying to pull up and walk. Patrick prefers army crawling, he can crawl normally but army crawl is way faster.

But my real news. My hubby's vasectomy despite clear tests always didn't exactly work. Ok it didn't work at all. 5 weeks pregnant. I'd like to know why this is so funny, but I'm pretty darn happy. I love raising babies. I love being pregnant, I love kids, I love everything. I'm so crazy, I even like labor because it means I get to hold the new baby in my arms soon.

We are down to just Jersey Giants and Orps for large fowl, the silly frizzled Cochins and OEGs for bantams. Plus the guineas, ducks, quail and turkeys

No emus for me yet. No emus with new baby on the way. Maybe this was all an evil plot by hubby to avoid getting an emu.

Algae have you gone mad woman? Congrats and condolences! You are gonna be one worn out woman with three babies. I bow to you for I am not worthy to perform such a task.

We do need pics of the twins ya know :)

Hey, they will be toddlers by then! Not so bad. At least in my world.

It's fine, we're happy. It's just how did we wind up with 11 kids. No, I do not need an explanation.

I forgot our 7 Easter Egger hens. But they don't have a roo, they just lay pretty green eggs. Plus they are cute.

How is everyone at your place?

Algebra, Congrats on your good news! But that doc should be chipping in for a college fund!
wee.gif

Cetawin, those coops are beautiful! And I'll be trying those screw in waterers.

Kathy, those Emus are hysterical! So different than chickens. I've only ever seen adults, so this is really interesting to me.

*frantically waves hello*

But my real news. My hubby's vasectomy despite clear tests always didn't exactly work. Ok it didn't work at all. 5 weeks pregnant. I'd like to know why this is so funny, but I'm pretty darn happy. I love raising babies. I love being pregnant, I love kids, I love everything. I'm so crazy, I even like labor because it means I get to hold the new baby in my arms soon.

CONGRATS!

Since this is the SDWD thread, here is a huge chunk of 5 day old Delaware chick for you, out of Ellie & Isaac:

And, for Amy especially, a Delawegger, aka Politician Chicken, out of Maretta with Ike, (center) 5 days old w/ tail already:

Last edited:
Algebra, Congrats on your good news!  But that doc should be chipping in for a college fund!  :weee

Seeing as we got two already on complete scholarships, college isn't a huge issue. I may be dumber than rocks, but my kids at least got their brains from hubby.

Plus next in line will be a sophomore in high school next year, wants to go into engineering and has schools drooling over her already. The benefits of being a distance runner, you are bound to get scholarships.

Plus, we aren't the nicest parents on this. We'll pay for 60% instate public, but they have to make up the rest. Hubby saw kids getting everything paid by parents just not put in the desire to learn.

Back
Top Bottom