Sdwd

This may have been discussed before....but I wanted to see what you all thought! I was watching Goonies with my son yesterday and noticed that there may in fact be a Delaware Hen in this movie! What do you all think?

around 0:40 in this video....

Yup, that's a Delaware hen, looks like to me!

Kathy, it turned out okay, I guess. None of the Orps were fertile; neither of June's were fertile, either, so Ike's diminished lung capacity is showing. Had two clear D'Anvers, two late quitter D'Anvers. The rest hatched.

I've noticed after cracking open about a dozen eggs from the main flock that Isaac's fertility isn't good and I really think his lung capacity is the culprit. He isn't chasing the hens as much, he gives up without much effort, etc. I doubt his age of 3 is the reason. I do believe it has to do with that fungal lung infection last summer. I hope he lives through this one.

yeah its a Delaware hen but the wrong color egg, go figure huh? LOL

I'm getting me some brand new Good Sheppard Barred Rock pullets next week and some Hortsman real RIR's too I'm as happy as a pig in a slop bucket now. I'm finally slowly but surely getting around to good heritage type stock. I will keep some factory stuff around though just for my egg business as you can't beat them for that. I should soon have F2 Delaware Projects of my own, like Mrs. Kathy does and headed down the road towards making me some good quality heritage type Delaware stock to and thanks muchly to Mrs. Kathy for that and too she's got me pretty well covered on all the bases with New Hampshire stock. It just takes time and money, esp. money LOL.

Cherrios everybody

Jeff

well gang as im sitting in the mcdonalds parking lot I thought I would give u an update. 26 out of 30 eggs hatched. 4 chicks arent doing the best. 22 are doing great. Soon as i get stable internet i will get pics up for ya.

Back
Top Bottom