Sdwd

Tim I am in one of thos rare areas where they wont spend the money to run a few hundred feet of DSL cable. So i'm stuck with dial-up for now. My computer was 6 yrs old and didnt have updated virus protection. The new pc has new norton on it.

Thanks Laura I plan on taking some of the chicks to LH's swap meet next Saturday.

Same here Brandon I can throw a rock and hit the 2 houses where my cousins live that have it(DSL), but they won't run it down our road to me and my next door neighbor to have so we had to get Hughes(expensive) as the phone line here goes out every time it dews here much less rains. He has rigged him up a receiver in a can (he's a electronic genius) to steal internet thru the air from his daughter and the other cousins house and his laptop will pick it up at our mail box but it won't shoot through the walls here. Only in America huh?

Our neighbor switched from Hughes because it kept going out in rainy, snowy, misty, foggy, cloudy weather. Basically Oregon weather 9 months out of the year. When she got a Verizon mobile wifi gizmo she brought it down to our house and we found we had reception in one room. (The valley is only 100 yards wide surrounded by hillsides 1,500-3,000', reception is dicey.) I bought one for our house last Nov, it has had some issues with freezing fog and when it is snowing but it is so nice to have high speed.

Hiya pepples! Have ya been missing me? Well, just like a bad penny, Iiiiii'mmmm baaaaack!! And just so y'all know, I haven't been ignoring any of ya. [Cyn, thanks for the picture of the little Delawegger. What a cutie!] I've just been ridiculously busy!

The girls have been going crazy in their laying, spring weather refuses to come around here, and I've taken up a new hobby. QUILTING!!! Now, don't laugh.....here is a representation of my first efforts.....
Disregard the blue border. That was a woops. Once I get more of this assembled, I'll post another picture. So far, so good. Laura gave me the best advice of all in this new passion. Keep your seams consistent and straight! The rest will come.....Thanks Laura. Very good advice indeed!

Oh, and I seem to recall promising pictures of the completed master bathroom? Didn't I say that? Whatever, here's a shot of the plumbing wall of the tub. And yes, I did all of the tile work [walls and floor]myself!
big_smile.png

And this here is the double vanity wall. We've since installed the light bar over the mirrors, but I just haven't taken pictures to post of it yet.

And one last view of the whole thing essentially......

We do still need to purchase and install a proper glass tub door, but until such time as we decide just which one we want, a simple shower curtain will suffice. Dang! Those glass doors are PRICEY!
tongue.png

Hope y'all are having a fun April Fool's day. Mother Nature has decided to show that she too has a sense of humor and has seen fit to snow on us!
roll.png

Amy, the bathroom is beautiful! I keep telling DH that I want to do something similiar to that. Since I have a little trouble getting in and out of the tub I want him to build a shower stall with seats. All tile with glass doors. I guess that will have to wait another 5 years till we are done paying the mortage. I like your adjustable shower head too. And the hickory! We got the hickory cabinets for the kitchen and main floor bathroom. I have never regretted it.

Wow that is great.

Hiya pepples! Have ya been missing me? Well, just like a bad penny, Iiiiii'mmmm baaaaack!! And just so y'all know, I haven't been ignoring any of ya. [Cyn, thanks for the picture of the little Delawegger. What a cutie!] I've just been ridiculously busy!

The girls have been going crazy in their laying, spring weather refuses to come around here, and I've taken up a new hobby. QUILTING!!! Now, don't laugh.....here is a representation of my first efforts.....
Disregard the blue border. That was a woops. Once I get more of this assembled, I'll post another picture. So far, so good. Laura gave me the best advice of all in this new passion. Keep your seams consistent and straight! The rest will come.....Thanks Laura. Very good advice indeed!

Oh, and I seem to recall promising pictures of the completed master bathroom? Didn't I say that? Whatever, here's a shot of the plumbing wall of the tub. And yes, I did all of the tile work [walls and floor]myself!
big_smile.png

And this here is the double vanity wall. We've since installed the light bar over the mirrors, but I just haven't taken pictures to post of it yet.

And one last view of the whole thing essentially......

We do still need to purchase and install a proper glass tub door, but until such time as we decide just which one we want, a simple shower curtain will suffice. Dang! Those glass doors are PRICEY!
tongue.png

Hope y'all are having a fun April Fool's day. Mother Nature has decided to show that she too has a sense of humor and has seen fit to snow on us!
roll.png

Thought I'd lose Isaac again today. He goes to the broody pen in Suede's coop to spend the night so he doesn't get picked at by those evil wenches on the roost and he goes gladly, too. He's such a love! Today, and it's happened before recently, as he walked into the pen and turned to bend down to eat out of his food bowl, he lost his breath and started to turn dark purple. I held my own breath waiting for him to catch his. His color came back and he started to eat, but he could have just as easily keeled over dead. I'm really concerned he won't make it through summer this year. He is the best rooster, my good buddy. And that stinking dog next door was at my driveway gate today when Ike and his hens were out in that area free ranging. He didn't see the dog since he was downhill with his girls from the gate, but if he gets upset or has to defend those girls, he won't live through it just having to breathe through that stress.

Last edited:
Thanks Cyn. That's very high praise for this total greenhorn!
bow.gif
Going to get hooked? OMG! We're waaaaay past that already!
gig.gif
I find myself often thinking..... so many beautiful fabrics, so little time! And yes, it's horribly addictive, ain't it?!? Now I'm wishing I had Kathy's stash of fabric choices.

Speaking of......Kathy, would you post those pictures of your fabric hoard, ummm, I mean, your library, again please? I'd like to drool all over it! OMG! What I wouldn't give for a stash like that!!!
droolin.gif

Yes Karen, that block was a bit of an oops. The ooops being that I squared it up without thinking about the border I had wanted to add around each larger block. My bad. It pays to read all of the instructions in the chapter before one proceeds!
tongue.png

Anyhow, I went ahead and created several more blocks since, and when I laid them all out together, I decided that, rather than break up each larger block with a sash strip around them, I am liking the look of them all joined together, uninterrupted, instead.

So, the blue, as well as a to-die-for gold/orange/yellow fabric that I recently found at my local store, will go around the outside of the main body. It's going to be a quilt for the twin sized bed in the small guest room.

Once I prove to myself that I can really do this, then I'll contemplate my next quilt. I already know that I want it to include purples, reds, yellows, blues and greens. But dang! It can be hard to find just the right combinations, ya know!
sickbyc.gif
Thanks for that link to the "Thousands of Bolts" website, Cyn! As if I didn't already have way too many such places to visit and drool myself silly!
barnie.gif
Oooh! But their prices are great! Aren't they?!?

Laura, you'd be surprised at just how affordable tile is to do. Especially if you and Bryan can do all of the work yourselves. I'd hate to think what that bathroom would have cost us if we'd had to pay someone else to do it. But, as it was, it was just the cost of the materials and our time. And it's relatively easy to do. Though I would highly recommend the purchase of a wet tile saw. Don't bother renting one! You can buy a reasonably good new one for under $100 at Home Depot, Lowe's or any other home improvement store.

The one thing they never tell ya, is just how long it's going to take you to do a job like this! Granted that, I myself am slower than molasses in January, it does take more than just a weekend, even if you do have all of your materials together before you start.

Whenever you and Bryan should decide to undertake such an adventure, let me know. I'd be happy to put together a "Tile for Dummies" guide for ya! Learn from MY mistakes! For they were many!!
gig.gif
And believe me....there are short cuts...and then there is cutting corners...and as Daddy always said: "Don't cut so many corners that you end up going in circles!" Oh the advice I could give these days! LOL!

Anyhow.....enough rambling out of me! Time to go put babies to bed and collect eggs. Did I mention that my 16 laying girls are averaging well over a dozen a day now!?! Love those ladies of mine!
love.gif

Quote:
NO! I expressly forbid it!! Ike is too dang young to have such troubles! As for that dang dog Cyn, just shoot it! You've given the idiot neighbor more than fair warning to keep the stupid mutt at home!
rant.gif
Gawds! I do despise irresponsible pet owners! Especially where it can have such devastating implications for the birds we love!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom