Search by State not Working!

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by rodriguezpoultry, Mar 21, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I am trying to find a member from Texas, I can't remember her username, but remember that she was from Texas.

Whenever I try to search using United States> Texas, I only get about 15 names.

When I searched using my state, Oklahoma, I only got back 3 names.

Is there another way to search other than going through all 512 pages of names?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

State search requires members to enter in their state manually. If they haven't entered their location in their profile you won't be able to bring them up in a search.

3. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    OOHHH....

Why am I not coming up in the search??

I "should" be both Oklahoma and Arkansas right?

What about GracefulBantams? She has OK on her state but she doesn't come up under the Oklahoma members?

4. Nifty-Chicken

No, your "location setting" is just a free form text field where you can put whatever you want. Go into your profile and select a country, state, and region if you want.

5. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Oh I see now! There's an EXTRA thing you need to fill out for the state.

Interesting...does "everyone" know that simply writing in your state won't allow people to search for you through your state?

6. Nifty-Chicken

It is still in beta testing. Once we see that all is working well we'll push for all our members to fill it out and also add it to a newsletter!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by