Search Function?

dlhunicorn

Human Encyclopedia
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
I noticed while doing a search (for bumblefoot) that the search funciton is only retrieving results going back to a year. I had thought I noticed this before once but now I am pretty sure of it. In the case of bumblefoot (where there have been many detailed posts) many now simply say> "oh. use the search function cuz there is lots of postings on it".... however now that most of those detailed posts are more than a year old, one can no longer access them through the search function.

If we are making note of things that are twitching or not acting right on the forum, let's add that weird 20 second comment block that comes up everytime you try to send a pm. It is really aggravating and makes no sense at all. It says something about waiting 20 seconds between posts but you get the message even if yo hav just finihsed typing and hit send for the first time. Then once you get the error mesage, it's on! The process can take about 8 times before you finally get to send the pm, grrrrr!!!

I havent' looked for anything over a year old, have only been here since August so not sure about that function, but would like Nifty to check out the pm 20 second thing.

Interesting... I'll look into the search question. Can you provide me with:

1) the exact search you are trying to perform
2) a link to a thread or post you are expecting to find, but can't find? (Is it possible it originally got deleted?)

It works fine for me. I did a search for the word "Rob" in a subject line and found the very oldest post in the feedback section from Todd:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6

As for the issue with 20 seconds: A handful of people have reported this, but it has never happened to me and I use PM all the time. Also, if it happened to everyone (was system wide) I know I'd hear about it more often (especially from the Staff). I wonder if it is a specific browser / computer setting / cookie issue.

I get that 20 second thing on PM"s - even if I haven't sent anything for a while.
Now and again it won't happen, but more often than not it does.

I too get that 20 second thing every so often. Seems like if I'm sending several PM's in a row it happens more often. And as slow as I type I know it takes more than 20 Sec for me to enter the subject line
big_smile.png
it will happen when I only send one at times too.

It may be a browser issue with the PM's. I don't get it on the Mac with Safari or Firefox. But do get it on the PC: Vista and internetexploder!

kstaven, just so you know my comment wasn't directed at you... your post was actually the most helpful by suggesting it was not specific users that had probelms, but was their OS / browser version.

Everyone else should provide this info, and if possible, do like kstaven and test on another PC.

Back
Top Bottom