Search not working?

Page loads just fine for me in multiple browsers. (Chrome and Firefox)

So, it seems like your browser (or addons to your browser, or similar) aren't playing nice with the threadloom search.

Maybe, but I don't know why. The search worked fine up until a few days ago. I didn't change anything, so I don't know why it suddenly wouldn't work.

I noticed that the search function hasn't been working in a few days. When I type something in, I get this screen:

View attachment 2333432

Then, when I click on the title of the thread, I get this:

View attachment 2333433
Yes, I have this too...no matter how many permissions I give the site. I found if I use the second option for the search engine used, I get more reliable/usable results.

@HappyClucker7 I'm on MacAir (firefox browser 78) and at first I could search just fine, no issues. Then, what the OP is describing began to happen to me on all of my searches. But when I tried searching with the XenForo Search option in the same search menu (the default seems to be Threadloom Search) the search functions works just fine. Sorry if I wasn't clear on my first post in this thread. Have you tried to click on XenForo Search?

Hi there -

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the Search function here at BYC. I've tried a clean install of Mojave, and Firefox, but unable to replicate this issue. However, the screenshots are usually related to a blocker of JS that is blocking the CSS as well - you can test to see if you are running any blocking software by going here:

https://canyoublockit.com/ click on the test - it will run for a few seconds (maybe up to 30) If you don't see test ads, then you are blocking something along on your connection.

@HappyClucker7 I'm on MacAir (firefox browser 78) and at first I could search just fine, no issues. Then, what the OP is describing began to happen to me on all of my searches. But when I tried searching with the XenForo Search option in the same search menu (the default seems to be Threadloom Search) the search functions works just fine. Sorry if I wasn't clear on my first post in this thread. Have you tried to click on XenForo Search?

Okay, I've tried using the XenForo search, and that works. Don't know why Threadloom stopped working, but at least I can search now. Thanks!

If any of you Mac users try the link that @threadloom provided ( https://canyoublockit.com/), I think this is what you should see.
ad blocker test_1.png

Back
Top Bottom