Search problem - howcome?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Lunachick, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I wanted to check on a thread and when I used the search and typed the title in and author, it came up with no hits.

I thought it was because I was not logged on. So today (logged on) I tried again, and it said no hits.

I actually went and found what I was looking for under the "Me, My Family etc" and I found it! And the title was exactly what I had typed in the Search feature...

So, how come? Am I doing something wrong, or is it the Search feature?

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't know if this had anything to do with it or not, but I always just do one or the other...subject or author, but not both.

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Oh, thank you Katy, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I'll try it again and see....

4. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Make sure the author has no spaces in it. I made that mistake earlier when I searched on title and name

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Yes, author OR title, not both but I'm still not getting what I'm searching for, I have to actually go to where I think it was and literally flip thru all the pages til I get the one I was looking for. [​IMG]

I must be doing something wrong, which wouldn't be too unusual for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by