Search Problem

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by chellyroo, Mar 22, 2009.

1. chellyroo

chellyroo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2009
    South Carolina
    Maybe (probably) I am doing this wrong, but if I do a search of the forum using the search box in the upper right corner, it will start opening a new window for EACH RESULT of the search. [​IMG] I've tried 2 searches and each time I end up having to just exit out of BYC because it is opening like 35 windows! Is there a better way?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

First of all [​IMG]!!!!! That is NOT normal at all, and I am sure Nifty will get right on it. Just wanted to let you know it is not normal.....

3. chellyroo

chellyroo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2009
    South Carolina
    Well that's a relief! Hopefully whoever Nifty is can get me straightened out. Thanx![​IMG]

4. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    nifty is the founder of this site and he takes care of the technical difficulties yay nifty! [​IMG]

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

All search results / links are coded to open in the same window. If they don't, it is probably either a problem with your browser config or PC. Try to reboot your pc, try a different browser, or try a diff. computer and you should be able to see them default open in the same window.

If not, link us to the results page that is returning the results that open in a new window and we'll see if anybody can duplicate it.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I could not duplicate it earlier.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by